SG Fleet prides itself on its work ethic, its service quality and the strength of its relationships with customers and business partners.
In the context of the developing COVID-19 situation, I wanted to reach out to you and reassure you that we will not allow these qualities to be compromised by unfolding events. Our position remains that the wellbeing of our people, our customers, our business partners, and the wider community in which we operate is our first priority.
While to-date, there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 within our company, we continue to review and follow the instructions and recommendations of health authorities. We also maintain the careful application of the work, health and safety processes already in place prior to the COVID-19 outbreak. Our response will continue to be calm, measured and professional.
In order to manage developments as they occur, we have established an incident response team, which is tasked with monitoring the situation, implementing initiatives as required and minimising any disruption to SG Fleet’s business operations and its service delivery, while looking after the health of our people. At the same time, our company’s leadership team now also convenes at the start and end of every day to be able to discuss emerging developments and swiftly determine and direct required responses.
In line with this, we have taken the following initial measures:
- Activation of the company’s Business Continuity Plan
- Testing of all IT processes and systems to confirm readiness for changed usage patterns as work and interaction with customers and business partners moves online
- Facilitation of work-from-home arrangements for permanent staff and contractors, including team rotations between office and home work
- Increased distancing of staff present in the office and enhanced sanitary facilities
- Regular information and updates for our staff, including isolation instructions for those feeling unwell and updates from health authorities
- Clear and rigorous instructions for staff physically interacting with customers and business partners
- Facilitation of on-line meetings with customers and business partners
Customers and business partners can rest assured that we remain fully operational throughout this difficult period. We firmly believe SG Fleet’s deeply-ingrained service ethic and culture are invaluable assets in addressing the challenges faced and we remain committed to protecting our staff, you, and our communities to the best of our abilities.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to your SG Fleet contacts if you have concerns or questions. From all of us at SG Fleet, stay safe and healthy.
SG Fleet Group CEO