The accident management provided by SG Fleet varies depending on whether or not you take our insurance. If you do not take our insurance the accident management we provide is to remove your vehicle from the scene of the accident, you can arrange this with the RAC by calling the driver helpline on 0344 85 45 161 option 2. For any other services relating to the accident, such as arranging a repair, please consult your insurer.
If you do take SG Fleet insurance, you too can benefit from the removal of the vehicle from the scene of the accident using the above details. You can also call the SG Fleet insurance accident management provider on 0343 509 4900 and they will manage the repair and claims process for you.
What to do if you have an accident
Stop immediately (as long as it is safe to do so). Try to remain calm; give yourself time to think. Call emergency services if there are any injuries or other dangerous circumstances.
Vehicles should not be moved until instructed to do so by a police officer.
As the driver, you should obtain the following information:
- The full name, telephone number and addresses of all Third Parties and details of their insurers
- Vehicle registration number, make and model of all vehicles involved
- Keep a description of the other drivers, the number of passengers in each vehicle and sex/ages of all occupants
- Please take pictures of the incident if safe to do so
- Make a note of the exact location of the incident. On a motorway note, the number of the nearest location post. You should note (i) the vehicle positions before and after the crash (ii) direction of travel of vehicles involved
- Please do not restart your journey until it is safe to do so and make sure your vehicle is both safe and legal to drive
If you have insurance provided by SG Fleet all incidents, no matter how minor, must be reported to Accident Management.
If you have your own insurance, you must inform your insurer. We recommend you do this at the scene of the accident if safe to do so.